HR Systems Training & Support Centre
The HR Systems Training & Support Centre is an HR administrator’s one-stop shop for all HR system instructional materials. This page is the HRIS event hub that provides the campus’ HRIS user with community information and ongoing communication around system improvements, reference documentation, HRIS support, and system training.
- Launch of the HRIS Certificate Program October 15, 2018
- July 2018 Salary Increases – Processing Instructions June 26, 2018
- Updated: Statutory Holiday Pay for Casuals June 20, 2018
- Changes to Fast Entry Position Maintenance & Reclassification May 31, 2018
- HRIS Operational Improvements: USW Step Placement / Progression Report May 29, 2018
Nakisa • UTORecruit • Kronos
Nakisa | Org Chart
Nakisa OrgChart is an enterprise-level management tool that will allow users to visualize and graphically represent the U of T’s organizational and positional hierarchies consistently. It delivers live graphical quick views of the University’s organizational structure and HR data from HRIS in a simple to use web interface.
The application will allow users to:
- Quickly visualize your respective HR position and personnel data
- View U of T’s organizational and positional hierarchies
- Generate and print out live HRIS Org charts (simple or complex)
- View additional details for employees that you have access to in HRIS
- Quick search tools to find employees, organization units, etc.
Please note: You will use the same process to log into the Nakisa Tool as you would logging into HRIS if you do not have an eToken. You will require your Secure ID Card and PIN as well as your AMS username and password.
For more information, please visit User FAQs on the Information Technology Services (ITS) website.
UTORecruit (Taleo) is the University of Toronto’s applicant tracking system. It is used for staff and faculty job postings, electronic applications, applicant review, and tracking applicant progression.
The primary activities preformed in this application include:
- Creating and facilitating approval for requisitions (a.k.a. job postings / academic searches)
- Posting requisitions to the University’s Career job boards
- Reviewing applications for your requisitions
- Tracking applicant progress
In most cases, your username will be your UTORid.
Kronos is a convenient, cloud-based time and attendance system for use with HRIS – Payroll. Kronos eliminates the use of paper timesheets and the need to forecast employee hours through new online approval processes.
This application allows:
- Employees to conveniently log their time by using the cloud-based system on a time clock, laptop or mobile device
- Managers to easily create schedules, edit timecards and approve work hours online
- Managers to determine workforce trends and improve productivity
- Managers to access accurate employee data through daily updates with HRIS
The HR Information System (HRIS) at the University is the primary repository of all personnel data associated with an employee’s appointment and income. Authorized access to the system is based on the roles and responsibilities of the staff members who use the system.
The team mandate is to provide ongoing support and communications to HRIS users about system procedures, changes, upcoming events, reference documentation, and HRIS training. The team encourages users to provide comments and suggestions as it pertains to HRIS functionality and usability by completing the HRIS survey.