|Date:||July 6, 2016|
|To:||Business Officers (via AMS listserv)|
|From:||Jeanne Tan, Manager, Central Payroll Services|
|Subject:||Updated Payroll Business Process for CUPE 3902 – Unit 5|
Recently, Central Payroll Services conducted a payroll business process review of the CUPE 3902 Unit#5 PDF payroll processes. This review ensured that there was in depth consultation with several Divisional Business Managers and Officers that have high volumes of PDF employees, Central HR, Labour Relations, and the SGS PDF Office. All members actively participated in the detailed review process, and the following recommendations have resulted from this review:
- Continue utilizing the new Hybrid payroll module to centrally control the core payroll functions, as it has allowed for better compliance with the mandatory requirements of new immigration law, CRA Legislation, Collective Agreement and the University’s internal policies;
- Clarify some HRIS functions and ownerships for more efficiencies;
- Continue with the payroll process ownership changed from Labour Relations to Central Payroll Services.
Payroll Business Process for CUPE 3902 – Unit 5
These items have been reflected in the following documents, which can be found here on the HR website:
- Payroll Business Process for Unit 5 PDF (PDF)
Defines process and responsibilities of each process owners.
- Info Type Chart (Excel)
Outlines the HRIS functions and both Central and Departmental.
- Responsibilities Payroll Document Checklist (PDF)
Essential documents required in order for Central Payroll Services to process the pay.
I encourage you to review the new resource documents on our website to familiarize yourself with the process. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.
Jeanne Tan, Manager
Central Payroll Services
Division of Human Resources & Equity