|Date:||July 24, 2017|
|To:||Business Officers (via the AMS LISTSERV)|
|From:||HRIS Support Team|
|CC:||Divisional HR Offices|
|Re:||July 2017 ATB increase for faculty and librarians|
Across-the-board (ATB) increase for faculty and librarians
The University of Toronto (U of T) and the University of Toronto Faculty Association (UTFA) recently negotiated a new agreement, which came into effect on July 1, 2017.
Under this agreement, librarians and faculty members who were employed with the University prior to (but not including) July 1, 2017 are entitled to a 1% across-the-board (ATB) increase and a flat dollar amount of $1,150.
Details of this agreement are outlined in this memo (PDAD&C #2), published on July 21.
Updates needed for HRIS by August 21st monthly pay close
To ensure these changes are captured in HRIS for the August pay run with retroactive date of July 1, 2017, the following infotypes must be updated:
- Appointment Details (IT 9009) — select the July Processing Copy icon to calculate the amount; and,
- Basic Pay (IT 0008)
Please refer to the procedures outlined in Retroactive ATB Increase Process for Faculty & Librarians, July 1st, 2017 (PDF, 570 kB) for the following HRIS processing details:
- 1.00% ATB Increase (using reason code 01)
- Flat Dollar $1,150 (using reason code 01)
- Revise the PTR amount processed in July based on the new salary increase generated by the 1.00% ATB
To summarize, the following entries should be reflected in HRIS after August pay run:
- July 1, 2017 flat dollar increase of $620 – previously processed in the July’s pay (Code 14 Other)
- New: July 1, 2017 ATB increase of 1%, subject to maximum capped amount of $1,612 (Code 01 ATB)
- New: July 1, 2017 ATB flat dollar amount of $1,150 (Code 01 ATB)
- Revised: July 1, 2017 revised PTR amount — i.e., edit the entry processed in the July 2017 pay and enter the new total amount (Code 03 PTR/Merit)
- Revised: Where applicable, July 1, 2017 revised 5% merit amount — i.e., edit the entry processed in the July 2017 pay and enter the new total amount (Code 18 Merit Supplement)
Business officers should update and review the record by monthly pay close August 21, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Please direct eligibility questions to your Divisional HR Office.
Please contact Central Payroll Services to update the basic pay for employees who are currently on maternity or parental leave.
You may also attend one of the following two sessions:
ATB Get Help Fast
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ATB Increase Process for Faculty & Librarians
Thursday, August 10, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Register for the August 10th session online