|Date:||January 25, 2016|
|To:||Business Officers (via the AMS Listserv)|
|From:||HRIS Support Team|
|CC:||HR Divisional Offices|
|Re:||UFTA — July 1, 2014 and January 1, 2015 retroactive ATB|
Further to our message on January 19, 2016, below are the detailed process instructions with respect to the ATB retroactive increase for UFTA. A summary of the salary and benefits agreement for Faculty and Librarians can be found in the January 22nd Provost Digest.
Please note that the retroactive ATB increase for UTFA will be processed in the months of February and March respectively. Below are the instructions and procedural documentation for the retroactive ATB increase to be processed in February. A separate communication will be sent with the instructions and procedural documents for Retroactive ATB increase to be processed in March.
In February 2016, the ATB is for July 1st, 2014 and January 1st, 2015. Please run the Data Verification Report and UTFA ATB Exception and Update Report for your respective Organizational Units to view and correct the records with warnings and errors. This will ensure that records with data integrity issues can be corrected and included in the automatic update taking place on February 5th, 2016. Please note that some of the exceptions may have to be processed manually.
Below are links to the timeline and the process for retroactive ATB Increase along with the Procedural and Support Documentation:
- UTFA ATB Exception and Update Report
- Exception Descriptions & Corrective Action Chart
- Retroactive ATB Increase Process for UTFA Staff with Segment Dates after July 1, 2014/January 1st, 2015
- Retroactive ATB Increase Process for UTFA Staff with Appointment Change (NOT PTR) ON July 1, 2014
The eligibility criteria for faculty members are as follows:
- Faculty members and Librarians who will be entitled for July 1 2014 retroactive ATB increase must be actively employed on June 30th, 2014 and July 1st, 2014. Faculty members who will be entitled for January 1, 2015 retroactive ATB increase must be actively employed on December 31st, 2014 and January 1st 2015.
- Faculty members and librarians who commenced employment with the University on or after July 1, 2014 but before January 1, 2015 will be entitled to the January 1, 2015 ATB increase on their December 31st salary. Faculty members and librarians who commenced employment with the University on or after January 1, 2015 will not be entitled to either increase.
You can run the respective ATB Update and Exception Report throughout the entire month of February to manage the process.
- Run it before February 5th, 2016: to view the current salaries for all UTFA Staff and easily identify what employees will be processed automatically and which are required to be manually processed.
- Run it after February 5th, 2016: to view the updated salaries for all UTFA Staff and easily identify what employees you still need to process manually. If you have any questions with respect to the processing of records in HRIS, please feel free to contact the HRIS Help Desk using the AMS Form or attend the drop-in sessions on the date listed in the timeline document. Questions with respect to eligibility should be directed to your HR Divisional office.
HRIS Support Team